Thursday, March 26, 2009
Dross-Like

dross • \DRAHSS\ • noun
1 : the scum that forms on the surface of molten metal
2 : waste or foreign matter : impurity
*3 : something that is base, trivial, or inferior
===========
Word of the day struck me today. I was feeling dross-like yesterday... I want to thank all those that called/talked/cheered me up ♥. I have no idea why I was down to begin with but I feel much better today. It all started on facebook when I messaged this one guy named Michael Kim using that facebook messenger/IM thing. I haven't talked to him since middle school mind you, and yet he remembered me as if it was only last year. The conversation carried on as a usual catch up convo goes, filled with questions ranging from 'How are you?' to 'What have you been up to?'. He asked me about school and all that jazz and I told him about VT and NSU, graduating and longing to eventually becoming a pharmacist. I thought I was over messing up, I thought I had accepted it all. Obviously I was in denial... So I sat there sobbing for hours about the ordeals of yesterday, the things I can't change, the things people said... It's hard to mess up and even harder to clean up the mess lol.

"Learn to love yourself, only then can others love you for who you are."
Those were the words I heard echoing through the phone as I finally got a hold of George. He truely is the best thing that has ever come my way! Patient, caring and honest, he has always been there for me even when I treated him like POO! It's not the first time I've heard those words, probably won't be the last time either. I can tell this will be a long and tough road to self discovery!
==============
I stumbled on this as I was browsing hulu.com... WTF?! Apparently there are 10 episodes so far.